Call for Nominations for the GSDMC Executive Board
The Greater San Diego Mathematics Council (GSDMC) is seeking nominations for the elected Executive Board positions: President, Vice President Programs, Vice President Membership, Secretary, and Treasurer. The position descriptions are below.
Nominations are due by February 28th, 2017. You may nominate yourself. The election will be conducted online from March 14-31, 2017, and the results will be announced in early April. Elected officers will serve two-year terms from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019.
If interested, please e-mail your name, Executive Board position for which you want to run, and a brief professional biography to Randy Philipp, RPhilipp@mail.sdsu.edu, by February 28th.
GSDMC Nominating Committee
The duties of these positions are:
1. The President shall be the chairperson of the GSDMC Executive Board.
2. The Vice President Programs shall be responsible for workshops, programs and conferences operated by the Council. In the absence of the President Elect, the Vice President Programs shall act in the President’s stead, in the President’s absence or inability to serve.
3. The Vice President Membership shall be responsible for soliciting membership, maintaining current and accurate membership lists, and for providing membership services according to the direction of the Executive Board.
4. The Secretary shall serve as secretary to the Executive Board and the President’s Advisory Cabinet, and shall maintain a record of the activities of the organization, and shall transmit this in good form to a successor. The Secretary shall also make the record of the activities of the organization available to the general membership, prepare correspondence for the organization, and carry out other duties as determined by the Executive Board.
5. The Treasurer shall collect dues and provide the Vice President Membership with the names of the members in good standing. The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the council funds, expending them as authorized by the Executive Board, and prepare reports as required and requested. Prior to June 15 in even numbered years, a committee appointed by the Executive Board shall audit the books. An annual budget for the council shall be presented to the Executive Board for their approval and adoption at the first meeting of the year.